1. Federal period historic building constructed in 1827-1828 of brick and weatherboard.
2. The only surviving Trompe l’oeil Art done by Charles J. Schumacher in the 19th century (of his 51 creations).
3. Only one other church in Maine has rare stenciled glass windows. Those at Union Meeting House are more striking in design.
4. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
5. In 2009 a small group of volunteers came together and made the commitment to restore and preserve this National treasure for future generations.